Can I rent my whole house out as a vacation rental while I am out of town?

The City allows owners to rent their home as a 'non-hosted' rental (where the owner is not present during the rental period) up to 30 days in a year.  To do this, a Permit from the Planning Department is required, and the site must meet specific requirements pertaining to vacation rentals, such as on-site parking, noise regulations, etc. (Administrative Vacation Rental Checklist).  If a Permit is approved, neighboring properties will be notified of your rental.  A business license and payment of Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) will also be required.