Tree Removal Permits
Tree Removal Permits can now be filed online through our permit portal.
A complete application shall be provided to the Planning Department. All submittal information shall be submitted along with the completed Planning Application form, paid related fees, and any additional information required by the Planning Department Permit Portal before the application can be accepted as complete.
Upon receipt of this information the Planning Department has 30 days in which to determine if the application is complete.
Once the application has been deemed complete, the project can be scheduled before the Tree Board. The Tree Board meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at Sebastopol City Hall, 7120 Bodega Avenue, Sebastopol, at 4:00 p.m.
The applicant and/or his representative must be present for any meetings. Failure to do so may result in the application being continued.
For small tree removal projects the project may be just reviewed by Planning Staff. Check with the Planning Department for clarification.
Tree Removal Permit Submittal checklist:
- Planning Application: Completed online on permit portal and signed by applicant and property owner.
- Fee: As defined on the fee schedule listed on the Master Planning Application. Checks should be made payable to the City of Sebastopol.
- Location Map: Indicate the subject parcel(s) and adjacent streets on an 8 1/2″ by 11″ map.
- Written Statement: Written Statement providing a description of tree(s) proposed to be removed.
- Site Plans: Clearly show the location of the tree(s) proposed to be removed on the property. This can be a google aerial photo.
- Site Photographs: Clearly show the views of and from the tree(s), including neighboring development, and applicable damage from the tree(s). Label the pictures indicating where they were taken from and in what direction they were taken accordingly. It is often desirable to provide the City with a series of overlapping photographs of the surrounding neighborhood that show a panoramic view.